Paper Cup Cake Recipe Perfect For Kids In The Kitchen
A few weeks ago I shared some simple ways we’ve used to take back family time with a little help from Dixie® and this week I wanted to share something fun that we like to do together as a family. One of our favorite things to do together is get in the kitchen. My kids have a sweet tooth like I do and both of them get excited when I tell them we’re going to make cupcakes or cookies. But lately they want to help me and while I want to get the kids in the kitchen with me, I want them to be safe! Making this paper cup cake recipe is a great solution!
PAPER CUP CAKE RECIPE
Making paper cup cakes is the perfect activity to do as a family because the clean up is fairly simple and you don’t even have to turn on the oven. So there’s no risk of kids and a hot stove or oven. Of course, younger kids still need assistance and supervision but Weston loves mixing up his own personal cupcake! Carrigan loves decorating hers. Of course I think she just has a lot of fun licking up sprinkles but as long as we’re having fun together as a family, it’s perfect!
Check out how easy these mini cupcakes are to make!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Box cake mix (3 Tbs. per cupcake)
- Water (1 Tbs. per cupcake)
- Dixie Cups (3 oz. size)
- Colored sprinkles
WHAT YOU DO:
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of cake mix into each cup.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to each cup and mix. Cake mix will be on the thick side.
- Add in some sprinkles and stir to distribute through cake mix.
- Place cup in microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Allow cake to cool for a few minutes.
- Frost and decorate as desired.